Thursday, March 11, 2010

SRK & Kareena Get Rapping Wid Akon.

Mumbai: Actors Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor were delighted to welcome singing sensation Akon in Mumbai yesterday. The American singer-songwriter will be belting out a number for Shah Rukh’s home production movie Ra.1, which stars Kareena as the female lead. There Shah Rukh introduced him to Kareena saying, “She comes from the oldest and most prestigious acting family in India.”

When asked what she loves about Akon, Kareena said, “I love his music. He delivered one hit after another and I am sure he will give us a great number to sing and dance on. We just can’t wait for him to belt it out for us. I have been a big follower of Akon’s music for a long time and I love his songs, especially Beautiful. It’s been on my highest played song list.”
Listening to Kareena shower compliments on him, Akon said, “Bollywood is grand. I have heard great things about the industry and I am glad that I will be a part of it now. Shah Rukh Khan has a great fan following and I am sure we will do great work.”
Ask Shah Rukh why he chose Akon over the rest, and he said, “Akon is one of the biggest musical sensations and we are proud to host him in India. I feel his association with our movie will only make it bigger. I have heard his songs and he is brilliant. He is edgy and he makes people dance. When we make movies, we look to entertain. So, I am sure Akon and we will have great fun.”
Akon shot to world-wide fame with his album Konvicted in 2006. The single 'Smack That' featuring Eminem was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Recent Videos

Share/Bookmark

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP